Steps to Get Student Group Funding
- Read the GSG Group Funding Policy.
- Discuss your funding request with your Center for Student Involvement program manager (CSIProgramManager@northeastern.edu).
- Once you have a clear plan and idea of what funding will be necessary in order to hold a successful event, submit the online Group Funding Application on Engage.
Note: Funding applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of when you need access to the funds. For events requiring contracts, ticketing, or other components that require lengthy planning timelines, please submit your funding application at least 2-3 months in advance of your event.
- The form will be sent to your program manager for review. If everything looks good from an event-planning standpoint, your program manager will send their approval to the GSG.
- At that point, the GSG Finance Committee will review the application and issue a determination via email.
- Following the conclusion of an event or activity, the student group MUST submit a spending report to GSG within thirty (30) days from the date of the event. Please use the .
Note: This step is in addition to submitting your receipts to SABO for reimbursement. Failure to submit a spending report will result in your group being denied future funding.
- All events of student groups being funded by GSG, MUST carry the following GSG logo (required for digital AND print advertisements). If you have difficulty accessing the logo here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.