Funding for professional development certifications is designed to support Northeastern University Non-PhD graduate students from all colleges and departments in their pursuit of local professional development opportunities within their area of study or research on a reimbursement basis to cover registration fees that are not currently funded by the student’s advisor or other funding sources. Non-PhD students are eligible for funding up to the amount of $100 per academic year. However, all final reward amounts are contingent on the availability of funds per funding period. Specifically, this fund is allocated to cover registration fees that are not currently funded by the student’s advisor or other funding sources.
Steps To Get Professional Development Certification Funding
1. Do you qualify for GSG funding?
You must be a current full-time graduate student requesting funding for costs associated with professional certifications. These costs certification enrollment fees. Please read the Professional Development Certifications Funding (PDCF)
- Completely fill out the Professional Development Certification Funding Application(on Engage)
- Submit the Advisor Approval Form in addition to your Professional Development Certification Funding Application
Applications must be received 4 weeks before the conference date.
Be aware that you must be very specific as to what expenses you would like to be reimbursed for. You will also be required to provide receipts once the activity has occurred. Please write your NU ID number on all forms and receipts.
3. Finance Committee Approval
Funding decisions are voted on by the GSG Finance Committee. Every effort will be made to provide at least partial funding to all applicants. Award amounts presented and voted on at the Finance Committee Meeting will be considered final.
4. Notification of Approval
Once the application is approved or denied by the finance committee, you will receive a notification email from ENGAGE/CAMPUSLABS
The comment section will include:
– Amount approved
– PDF of Guidelines for reimbursement application
– Forms for appropriate signatures for reimbursement application
If there are any errors or last-minute changes to your certification plans, the VP of Finance must be notified of any necessary changes to allocations (not to exceed the total award) prior to the certification start date. Changes to an award will NOT be made after the start date indicated by the student.
Be sure to save all of your receipts while certification registration. In order to process your award, we require documentation showing that you personally paid for all expenses being reimbursed.
- Applicants who are not awarded are encouraged to re-apply for future semesters, provided that all eligibility criteria are met.
- Awards allocations are determined by the availability of funds and the number of applications received.