Master Plan Goals
Grounded in its signature cooperative education program, Northeastern today provides unprecedented experiential learning opportunities around the world. The university’s rapidly growing research enterprise is strategically aligned with three national and global imperatives: health, security and sustainability.
Northeastern offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine schools and colleges.
It is the purpose of the IMP to provide an organizational framework for creating a physical plant and infrastructure that strengthen and celebrate the University’s mission, as a global, academic research university.
Achieve the Transformation of NU as a Leading Research University
- An Emphasis on Academic Space
- Facilitate Interdisciplinary Connections
- Create State of the Art Research and Learning Facilities
Improve the Student Experience
- Emphasis on the total student experience
- Increased Athletic presence and opportunities
- Expanded and Distributed Student Space
The Physical Campus
- Plan for Multi-use buildings: An Integrated Campus
- Vitality at the Core and the Edges
- Realize Growth Potential Across the Tracks
- Ensure a Sustainable and Innovative Campus
- Explore Development Possibilities & Potential Partnerships