DAY 17 - Told In Puns

DAY 17 – Told In Puns

We left Otavalo this morning, we all had to be out of the EcuaDOOR by 10 am. This gave us a little extra time to catch up on our EcuaCHORES. On the drive back to Quito we had the privilege to stop by a park full of EcuaCONDORS, it was definitely not an EcuaBORE. We watched a show where they brought out different types of birds. They threw them off a cliff and we would watch them EcuaSOAR so far off the EcuaFLOOR. These birds had huge wingspans, more than 2 meters but also less than EcuaFOUR. We saw a Bald Eagle, it was the first one I had ever seen, I found this ironic considering it was outside the United States. Their beaks were huge and I’m sure they had a very powerful PECKcuador.

The bird trainer marching a giant hawk through the crowd.

The assistant trainer walking another giant hawk through the crowd.

A little boy was sitting next to me during the show, he was really excited to see the birds. He noticed my camera and asked if he could see the pictures. I decided to let him use my HIGH-TECHcuador camera. He was really excited to use it and I knew if he spoke English he would have said “EcuaSCORE”! I think he changed the setting so some of the picture came out EcuaPOORLY, but he had fun nonetheless and I had fun teaching him.

Me showing Matteo what the different buttons on the camera do.

After lunch we travelled back to Quito. It’s funny, we’ve been doing so much walking that just sitting on the bus for an hour or so made my legs EcuaSORE. Tomorrow we depart for the Galapagos and I’m anxious to experience what’s in EcuaSTORE and I’m excited for some EcuaMORE.