Transit, Food, and Attractions
- MBTA (see map below)
- To ride the T (train), you need to pay just $2.75! Passengers can pay upon their entering of the train, or can purchase a Charlie Card or Charlie ticket online, or at a local T stop.
- The Northeastern Green Line stop is right on campus. Trains stop every 10 to 15 minutes and can bring passengers inbound or outbound
- Ruggles is an Orange Line T stop and a bus stop also located on campus.
- Here is more information about the MBTA.
- Commuter Rail
- Ruggles is also a Commuter Rail stop.
- The Commuter Rail takes passengers in and out of Boston, and can bring people as far as Providence, Rhode Island
- Here you will find Commuter Rail maps and schedules.
- Uber drivers are readily available all around Boston.
- A standard Uber from Logan Airport to Northeastern, depending on the time of day, would cost around $20.
- Here you will find more information about Uber and its services.
- Lyft also has drivers available throughout Boston.
- A Lyft ride from Logan Airport to Northeastern would cost about $17
- Here is more information on Lyft.
- Lunch and Dinner:
- Panera Bread, Uno Chicago Grill, Boston House of Pizza, Amelia’s Taqueria, Wings Over Boston, Subway, Au Bon Pain, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, and Qdoba are just a few of the restaurants located on and around campus.
- Faneuil Hall and the North End are just a few T stops away on the Green Line and have plenty of options for dining.
- Coffee and Tea:
- Argo Tea, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Pavement Coffee House, Café Bene, and Temptations Café are all great places to get coffee close to campus.
- Museum of Fine Arts
- The Museum of Fine Arts is located across the street from Northeastern’s campus.
- Here are the hours and current exhibits features in the MFA.
- New England Aquarium
- You can look at and interact with a variety of aquatic animals at the New England Aquarium.
- You can get to the Aquarium by riding the Orange Line Train from Ruggles to State Station and then it is a short walk away.
- Here are the hours and attractions of the aquarium.
- Boston Common and Boston Public Garden
- The Boston Common and the Boston Public Gardens are popular parks located just off the Green Line at the Arlington Station.
- Here is more information about these parks.
- Boston Public Library
- The Boston Public Library is located just off of the Copley Green Line T stop.
- This Library is home to hundreds of books and is a great place to read or work.
- More information about the library can be found here.
- Here is a list of other attractions located around Northeastern and here is a list of some of the best things to do in Boston.
- The Prudential Center
- The Prudential Center is home to dozens of stores and restaurants and is a short walk or train ride away from campus.
- Here is a list of stores and restaurants located in the Prudential Center.
- Newbury Street
- Newbury Street is one of the most famous streets in Boston that has hundreds of stores and cafes for Boston residents and visitors.
- Here you can find more information about the stores located on Newbury Street.