Student Orientation and Family Programs connects families with university resources, helping you navigate and build networks within Northeastern’s global community. We support families throughout their Northeastern experience — including academic, administrative, and personal matters. Each year, we host several programs for family engagement.
We partner with families and support your student by:
- Encouraging communication between families and the university
- Accessing resources to guide students in academic and personal decision-making
- Providing a compassionate, caring, and coordinated crisis response
Husky 101 Family Orientation
Husky 101 Orientation connects newly enrolled undergraduate students and families with essential resources, programs, and platforms to chart their Northeastern path with global, research, and experiential opportunities and programs.
Family & Friends Weekend
Reunite with your student at Family & Friends Weekend. Join Northeastern families and friends for a Boston campus experience sprinkled with city excursions. All are welcome!
Touch of Home Specialty Orders
Surprise your student! The Office of Student Orientation and Family Programs, in partnership with the campus grocery store Wollaston’s, offers specialty cakes and fruit baskets for all occasions. Learn more and place your order today.
The Family Account provides families with the ability to:
- Receive official university correspondence
- Review and pay the tuition bill
- Access student account information
The student must submit a request to initiate the process of creating a Family Account. Once a student has completed the form, an email will be sent to the family member with a claim link. After the Family Account has been claimed, the family member can opt into receiving official university correspondence once their student has matriculated.
- Stay in the know! The Parents & Families Channel is your primary source of information.
- Check out the Parent and Family Guide: Supporting Student Mental Health, a comprehensive guide from the Office of the Chancellor, University Health & Counseling Services, and the Office of Prevention & Education at Northeastern (OPEN) on supporting your student’s mental health.