Fall 2022 Move-in INformation
Stetson Hall East Move-In will take place:
- Tuesday, August 30th 8:30am-6:00pm
- Friday, September 2nd, 8:30am-6:00pm
- Sunday, September 4th 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
The university’s preferred vendor for MicroFridge units has experienced an increase in demand due to anticipated grab-and-go dining options across the country. As we expect many dining options on campus to reflect this model, we recommend you discuss this option with your roommate. If you decide to rent or buy, you should place your order early. Small refrigerators under 5.0 cubic feet are permitted to be brought in lieu of a MicroFridge, but microwaves are not permitted unless part of a MicroFridge unit.
Parking and Driving Directions
Stetson East Arrival Directions pdf
Unloading Location: North Lot -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-In Location: Stetson Hall East Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at North Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At North Lot, move support will be present to direct traffic and to assist with unloading your belongings from the car into one or two moving hampers. You will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed with your hamper to your check-in location, Stetson Hall East Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until your return after parking.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to North Lot.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Stetson East is a 4-story traditional style residence hall. With entrances on both Hemenway Street and Speare Place, Stetson East is a residence hall that also houses one of three main dining halls on campus, Levine Marketplace.
Standard single bedrooms
Standard double bedrooms
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, ResNet, and landline available through Verizon
Lounges: A mixture of small study spaces and large common rooms are available in the building.
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: On main level
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet space for each resident. Bedrooms are tiled.
Additional amenities: Stetson East Dining Hall (Levine Marketplace), pool table and other game tables located on main level.
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director Office: Stetson East Lobby #135
Office Hours: 10am – 5pm
Phone: (617) 373-5391
|Resident Assistant Staff Office: Stetson East Lobby #133
Office Hours: 7pm – 11pm
Phone: (617) 373-2570