Fall 2022 Move-in Information
Light Hall Move-In will take place:
- Tuesday, August 30th 8:30am-6:00pm
- Sunday, September 4th 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
The university’s preferred vendor for MicroFridge units has experienced an increase in demand due to anticipated grab-and-go dining options across the country. As we expect many dining options on campus to reflect this model, we recommend you discuss this option with your roommate. If you decide to rent or buy, you should place your order early. Small refrigerators under 5.0 cubic feet are permitted to be brought in lieu of a MicroFridge, but microwaves are not permitted unless part of a MicroFridge unit.
Parking and Driving Directions
Light Hall Arrival Directions pdf
Unloading Location: North Lot -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-In Location: Stetson Hall East Lobby
Please note: Light Hall has a stair entry which cannot be equipped with a ramp and has no elevator. Please plan accordingly when packing and when loading hampers, which cannot be pushed into the building. Limited move support will be present at the Light Hall entry to assist; however, heavy moving carts still cannot be loaded into the building.
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at North Lot. Please use this link as a location for driving directions.
- At North Lot, move support will be present to direct traffic and to assist with unloading your belongings from the car into one or two moving hampers. You will need to leave a Government Issued ID in exchange for your hampers.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed to your check-in location, Stetson Hall East Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff. Please note that we recommend entering Stetson Hall East from the St Stephens Street/Speare Place side, and that it is slightly not on the path to Light Hall. Do not have the move support use the rear entry long ramp for your belongings, if possible. If you have an additional person with you, we recommend one member of your party remaining in North Lot or in the Freshman Quad with your belongings while you proceed to Stetson Hall East Lobby. If you are driving yourself, the move support will hold your hamper until you return after parking and checking-in.
- After checking in, proceed to your assigned residence hall room, unload your hamper, and then return your hamper to North Lot.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
Light Hall is a 3-story traditional style residence hall. Light Hall faces St. Stephen Street and is a quick walk from the Stetson East and Stetson West Dining Halls.
Standard single bedrooms
Standard double bedrooms
Standard triple bedrooms
Economy quad bedrooms
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, ResNet, and landline available through Verizon
Lounges: Lounges are located on the lower level.
Mail delivery: ResMail
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: Vending machines are located on the lower level.
Window shades: Yes
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet space for each resident. Bedrooms are carpeted.
Additional amenities: Pool table located on lower level.
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director Office: Stetson East Lobby #135
Office Hours: 10am – 5pm
Phone: (617) 373-5391
|Resident Assistant Staff Office: Stetson East Lobby #133
Office Hours: 7pm – 11pm
Phone: (617) 373-2570