depending on fall housing assignment
Fall move-in dates will be between August 29 – September 5. Specific dates and times for Fall move-in will be sent to students over the summer based on room assignment, as well as information about how to request a date change. New students should expect to be assigned a date in the first half of the move-in period in order to participate in Orientation and Welcome events. If possible, students should not book travel until they receive their official move-in date.
If you are not living with us during the Summer II session, you will receive an email in mid-August with detailed information about your unloading, parking, and check-in locations. This will also include your move-in parking pass. If you need a reminder about your assigned move-in date/time, please search your Husky mail for an e-mail from our office regarding your housing assignment as your move-in information was included in that e-mail. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
KNOW YOUR MOVE-IN DAY INFORMATION
If you are are moving off Campus:
Summer II Move-out is August 24th. Failure to check out by the pre-established deadline may result in lost/discarded property, fines and/or a student conduct violation.
You must complete the following prior to being checked out of your bedspace by a member of the Housing & Residential Life staff:
- Remove all belongings
- Throw away all trash/food
- Clean your bedspace
Once everything has been removed from their room, the student must check out of their space with a member of Housing & Residential Life on the date previously coordinated with their Residence Director. A Resident Assistant will then check the condition of their bedroom and apartment (if applicable) noting any damage. In keyed buildings, the RA will take the students keys and lock the bedroom.
Please note: There is no consolidation housing offered between the end of Summer II 2021, August 24th through September 1st. If you are moving off campus at the end of Summer II, you must make the appropriate arrangements and secure your own space off campus by the final date of Summer housing on August 24th. If you have a lease that begins August 1st, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about prorating your Summer II housing. There are no exceptions as our Fall 2021 move-in cycle begins promptly after Summer II.
If you are moving to a new assignment for Fall 2021:
You will be assigned a move-to/from date in late July/ early August. Students remaining in university housing in Boston from one semester to the next have a continuous contract. Continuing contract students may remain on campus between semesters.
****Any student with a continuous contract will NOT follow Summer II move out dates if they are scheduled to move to a new room. Students that fall into this category should NOT make travel plans to leave campus until they confirm their move-in date with their future building staff. This information is not available until the end of each term.
If you have the same assignment for Summer II and Fall 2021:
You can stay in your space through the intersession period.
- I have read what to bring and have packed to bring only the essentials to campus this fall.
- I have read and submitted the university’s required Expectations for Return to Campus Attestation form as a prerequisite to returning to campus.
- I have printed my move-in parking pass, cruise ship unloading pass (for applicable buildings), and directions for my correct move in day.
- I have read and submitted the university’s required covid policies and required verification of vaccination has been submitted.
- I have completed the Daily Wellness Check prior to coming to campus, or leaving your residence hall, each day. The tool will indicate whether you are cleared to come to campus, whether you should stay home, and provide next steps if you report symptoms of COVID-19. Please bookmark the page for daily use.
- I have scheduled my first covid test for within the first 24 hours of my arrival to campus through the COVID-19 Test Scheduler Please note: the testing center does not take walk-in appointments. You will not be allowed to enter the testing center without a proof of your appointment time. This can be provided either by using a mobile device or by a print out from the COVID-19 Test Scheduler.
For your testing:
- I have the appointment confirmation page ready on my mobile device when arriving at the testing center.
- I have the completed the Daily Wellness Check and be sure to know how to show the result page on your mobile device so you can show the staff to enter the testing center.
- I know my nine-digit Northeastern University ID identification number and have it visible on your Daily Wellness Check screen
Specific arrival directions, with driving directions are available on your specific building page, linked in the "If you are Moving to Campus" area above. Maps of campus unloading locations by day are available below.
Move-in days have date-specific parking and/or unloading passes and with bar codes or PIN numbers. Please print the correct parking and/or unloading pass for your move in date and location here:
|Columbus Parking Pass||North Lot Unloading Pass||Move-In Maps|
|Columbus 8/29||North Lot 8/29||Map 8/29|
|Columbus 8/30||North Lot 8/30||Map 8/30|
|Columbus 8/31||North Lot 8/31||Map 8/31|
|Columbus 9/1||North Lot 9/1||Map 9/1|
|Columbus 9/2||North Lot 9/2||Map 9/2|
|Columbus 9/3||North Lot 9/3||Map 9/3|
|Columbus 9/4||North Lot 9/4||Map 9/4|
|Columbus 9/5||North Lot 9/5||Map 9/5|
|Columbus 9/7||North Lot 9/7|
Please note: Please note: There is no parking available for oversized vehicles (over 6’8” including roof racks) or overnight parking. There is also no oversized unloading at Midtown Garage.
Directions to Campus:
To facilitate the flow of traffic for Move-In Days we have developed these motor vehicle directions to the University unloading / parking facilities. Depending on your assigned residence hall and where you are directed to park, you will either unload your motor vehicle at the parking location, or be asked to relocate the vehicle to a parking location after the vehicle has been unloaded. Please follow these directions when approaching the University.
Click on the following for printable directions
- Directions from the South: Click Here (.pdf)
- Directions from the North: Click Here (.pdf)
- Directions from the West via Mass Pike: Click Here (.pdf)
- Directions from the West via Route 9: Click Here (.pdf)
- Directions to the Forsyth Lot – Across the street from 209 Hemenway: Click Here(.pdf)
- Directions to Forsyth Street Curbside: Click Here (pdf)
- Directions to Hastings/East Village Queue: Click Here (pdf)
- Directions to Renaissance Park Surface Lot/International Village Queue: Click Here (pdf)
Arriving by ride share like Uber or Lyft?
- If you are arriving with numerous pieces of luggage, bags, or packages please plan to be dropped off near your designated unloading location where moving resources will be available.
- If you are arriving with only a couple pieces of luggage, bags, or packages and do not intend to utilize moving resources, please you may plan to be dropped off near your designated check-in location.
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student/family, so that all students have access to that support.
If you are arriving on your scheduled date, please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper before the check-out station closes. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
During the move-in period of August 29-September 5 8:30am-6:00pm, students will be permitted no more than two guests to assist with bringing belongings into your room, and your guests are asked to stay no longer than 2 hours. Please note, masks will be required for all fully vaccinated and unvaccinated students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors indoors.
After your move-in time, guest policy will revert to only Northeastern students as guests, and only 3 at a time.
Are you moving into or out of off-campus housing on September 1?
COVID-19 tests on the Boston campus must be scheduled. Walk-ins are not accepted. To schedule an appointment, visit the Test Scheduler and log in with Northeastern credentials at covid19-testing.northeastern.edu/. Below are the Cabot Testing Center's hours of operations.
Fall 2021 Hours of Operation (by appointment only)
Cabot Testing Center's hours of operation, effective August 23:
- Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday: 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Tuesday: 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Thursday: 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Friday: 6:00am to 7:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00pm
Extended weekend hours during fall move-in:
- Sunday, August 29: 8:00am to 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 4: 8:00am to 7:00pm
- Sunday, September 5: 8:00am to 7:00pm