Fall 2022 Move-in Information
East Village Move-In will take place:
- Sunday, August 28th 8:30am-6:00pm
- Monday, August 29th 8:30am-6:00pm
- Tuesday, August 30th 8:30am-6:00pm
- Wednesday, August 31st 8:30am-6:00pm
As you review your travel plans in the upcoming weeks, it is imperative that you arrive during your scheduled move-in date and time.
What to Bring
To make the move-in experience as smooth as possible for you and our entire community, we ask that you bring only your essentials and a few personal touches to campus. Your belongings should fit in one 4’x3’x3’ hamper or be able to be carried in one trip.
Please refer to our list of What to Bring to best prepare for your arrival.
Shipping and Mailing
Shipping items to pre-arrive to your room is available through a preferred vendor, and the deadlines are in mid-August. Additional information about shipping items to campus mailrooms will be sent in late-August; however, you should anticipate delays in processing and wait times for pick-up. Due to the rush of package deliveries during move-in, you should expect processing delays, and plan that you should not ship any essential items such as bedding, medicine, or toiletries that you will need during your first several days in housing.
Parking and Driving Directions
Prior to arrival all students will need to print their Cruise Ship Unloading Pass found on their Housing Online.
Unloading Location: St Botolph Street Curbside -> Parking Location: Columbus Garage -> Check-in Location: East Village Lobby
- If you are arriving by car to campus you will first need to proceed to your Unloading Location at St. Botolph Street Curbside. Please use this link as a location for driving directions to the start of the queue. You must to follow these as opposed to using your own navigation or GPS system. All drivers must queue into East Village curbside via traffic loop southbound on Gainsborough Street. No entry to this area is directly westbound beyond Gainsborough Street, as St. Botolph Street is one way for move-in.
- At St. Botolph Street Curbside, you will need to present your printed Cruise Ship Unloading Pass to the move support staff who will unload your belongings from the car into your one moving hamper. Move support will deliver your hamper of belongings to your assigned room listed on your Cruise Ship Unloading Pass.
- Once your belongings are removed from your hamper in your room, move support will bring your hamper back to the unloading station.
- Should you require a place to park after unloading, the driver of your vehicle will be able to park with your parking pass in Columbus Garage. Please use this link as a location for driving directions. To enter Columbus Garage, the driver can take a ticket at entry, and will need to present the day specific parking pass and scan code at exit. Links to the day specific parking passes and codes can be found below. There will be no oversized, over height (over 6’8” including roof racks/storage), or overnight parking.
- While your vehicle is being parked, you can proceed to your check-in location, East Village Lobby, to check in with Residential Life Staff.
Parking Codes/Pass by Day:
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/28
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/29
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/30
- Columbus Parking Pass 8/31
You will be able to check out a moving hamper to assist you. You will need to provide a government issued photo identification in order to check out a hamper (i.e. driver’s license or passport). Please be considerate of others and return your moving hamper as soon as possible. Only one hamper will be permitted per student, so that all students have access to that support.
Please report to your unload location to access the scheduled support services, including hampers.
Please return your moving hamper immediately following unloading. If you return your moving hamper after the check-out station has closed, you will need bring the hamper to the Residential Safety Office, located in the upper lobby of Speare Hall where you will retrieve your photo identification.
Please note: moving hampers and support will only be available on scheduled move-in days.
East Village is conveniently located next to public transportation and a short walk from academic buildings. East Village will house students on floors 2-16. The building includes classroom space in the basement and first floor, along with an event space on the 17th Floor.
Bedroom Types: Semi Private Accommodations (Floors 2-12)
Enhanced double and triple semi-private bedrooms (shares bathroom with connecting room)
Apartment Style Accommodations (Floors 13-16) Upperclassmen
Enhanced apartments: Include enhanced single bedroom(s), shared kitchen, shared bathroom, and common living area (3 & 4 person capacity only)
Security: Proctor coverage or secured entryways 24 hours per day
Connections: Husky Cable, and Wireless Internet
Lounges: Mixtures of multimedia and study lounges are located throughout the building
Laundry facilities: Yes
Vending machines: Yes
Window shades: Yes, blinds.
Furniture provided: Bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet space for each resident. In some cases there is a wardrobe in place of an inset closet. Bedrooms are tiled in semi-private style. Bedrooms are carpeted in apartment style.
Additional amenities: Central air conditioning (not activated during anticipated cold weather)
Mailing Address through ResMail. Students can see their mailing addresses on Housing Online two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
|Residence Director Office: East Village #122
Office Hours: 10am – 5pm
Phone: (617) 373-6160
|Staff Office: East Village #124
Office Hours: 7pm – 11pm
Phone: (617) 373-6873
|Living Learning Communities|
|First Year Honors|