The SWE Mission
“ Stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the
image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and
demonstrate the value of diversity.”
The SWE Objectives
- To inform young women, their parents, counselors, and the public in general of the qualifications and achievements of women engineers and the opportunities open to them.
- To assist women engineers in readying themselves for a return to active work after temporary retirement.
- To serve as a center of information on women in engineering.
- To encourage women engineers to attain high levels of educational and professional achievement.
What does SWE Northeastern do?
A little bit of everything! From professional to academic to social activities, we have it all covered. Have an idea for a new program or event? Just suggest it! A quick sampling of some past and recurring SWE activities:
- Paint Night
- Community Outreach
- Attending the SWE National Conference
- Informational panel to help freshmen pick their engineering major
- Volunteering at the Boston Museum of Science and the Boston Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
- Trivia Night
- Annual COE BBQ
- Company tours
- Women in Engineering Day – fun activities, lunch, and panel from female engineering majors
- Attending SWE Boston meetings, including SWE-Fest, an annual networking night for local student chapters
- …and much more!
Who should join SWE Northeastern?
Anyone! All who support women in engineering are welcome. Being a women or even an engineer is not necessary. If you want to meet more people, get professional connections, learn more about our wonderful home city, gain valuable leadership skills, or even just get some help studying for your next physics test, this club is the best place to be.