- Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Study Options
- Full Time
- Full Program Description
The program is a full-time, 24-month graduate program that provides an opportunity to earn a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. Graduates of the PA program take the PA National Certifying Examination (PANCE) after graduation. Certification is required for initial licensure/registration in all states. The pass rates for first-time takers of the Northeastern PA Program compare very favorably with the national rates. Northeastern’s PANCE scores for the previous 5 years are at the National Commision on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Mission Statement: The mission of the Northeastern University Physician Assistant Program is to prepare students to become exceptional clinicians and leaders within the health care community.
Vision: Our vision is to be a leader in physician assistant education by utilizing technology-enhanced education and interprofessional clinical learning experiences.
General Program Goals:
- Recruit and select individuals from diverse backgrounds for admission to the Physician Assistant Program.
- Provide students with a broad generalist curriculum and clinical experiences in diverse health care environments.
- Prepare students as critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Prepare students to become effective members of an interprofessional team and leaders in health care and the community.
- Review our educational methods periodically and make adaptations to evolving knowledge, innovations in technology and current societal needs.