Services for International Students and Scholars

Graduate Students

Graduate students travel to Northeastern with either an F-1 student visa or a J-1 exchange visa, depending on the student’s source of financing. The F visa is for international students in academic programs or short-term language studies who are funding their own studies. Students enter the United States on a J visa if they are participating in a specific government-, international organization- or university-sponsored educational exchange program that has U.S. Department of State approval.

If you will study as a graduate degree student with funding from personal sources, read the F student visa information.

If you will study as part of a government-, international organization-, or university-sponsored educational exchange program, please follow the J student visa information.

International graduate students admitted to the programs below should check the program link for specific application and visa processing information: College of Professional Studies Global Pathways