The Graduate Certificate in Interactive Design offers students a comprehensive overview of the expansive field of interactive design and provides practical exposure to the design process.
Digital Media plays an increasingly significant role in the global culture and economy. The Interactive Design Graduate Certificate offers an overview of courses in the creative process of storytelling and communicating through visuals and sound. Students gain expertise in time-based design, interface, and experience design through a practice-oriented problem-solving approach. Courses in this program also serve as a concentration in the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media, and the certificate can be applied toward this master's degree.
- Multiple start terms are available for this program
- Students enhance their practical skillset and create a design portfolio
- Courses in this certificate program can be applied to the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Media
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resume
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (Official transcripts required at the time of admission)
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis, however we do recommend following the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term.
Complete one of the following:
Complete one of the following:
Northeastern's signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice to help students acquire relevant, real-world skills they can apply to their desired industry. Each program offers its own unique experiential learning opportunities, but they might include:
- Experiential Learning at Work — Working professionals collaborate with their employer to develop a project that addresses a key business need their company has in an area they want familiarity with.
- Experiential Network (XN) — Students work virtually with a sponsoring organization on a short-term project over a six-week period.
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities — Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.
Below is a look at where our Digital Media & Design alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
What They Do
- Art and Design
- Information Technology
- Media and Communication
What They're Skilled At
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media
- Digital Media
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.