The Construction Management Graduate Certificate provides graduates with a strong skill set in acquiring and executing construction projects in the public and private sectors.
In the last 10-20 years, construction in both the public and private sector has become increasingly complex, requiring dynamic and strongly skilled construction and project managers for effective project results. Along with offering a broad introduction to the principles of construction management, this graduate program also explores alternative delivery methods and controls for construction projects; safety, project risk, and quality management; team leadership; and negotiation skills and techniques. The Construction Management Graduate Certificate is intended to serve owners' representatives, consulting engineers, architects, design engineers, contractors, and subcontractors. Individuals who have a Bachelor of Science, but not necessarily in construction, and who have been identified by their companies as having high potential for advancement are also good candidates for the program.
- Courses from this certificate may be applied toward the Master of Science in Project Management
- Designed to increase the skills and knowledge of a wide range of construction professionals
- Open to students with strong professional background and Bachelor of Science in fields other than construction hoping to advance their careers
- Online format designed for working professionals
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations from the program; please be aware that the University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resume
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (Official transcripts required at the time of admission)
- English language proficiency proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Our admissions process operates on a rolling basis, however we do recommend following the application guidelines below to ensure you can begin during your desired start term.
Northeastern's signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice to help students acquire relevant, real-world skills they can apply to their desired industry. Each program offers its own unique experiential learning opportunities, but they might include:
- Experiential Learning at Work — Working professionals collaborate with their employer to develop a project that addresses a key business need their company has in an area they want familiarity with.
- Experiential Network (XN) — Students work virtually with a sponsoring organization on a short-term project over a six-week period.
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities — Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
Our faculty represents a wide cross-section of professional practices and in fields ranging from finance to education to biomedical science to management to the U.S. military. They serve as mentors and advisors, and collaborate alongside students to solve the most pressing global challenges facing established and emerging markets.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 245,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.
Below is a look at where our Management alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- State Street
- Fidelity Investments
- Dell EMC
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
What They Do
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
Learn more about Northeastern Alumni on Linkedin.