Associate Professor, Associate Chair and Director, Industrial Engineering
Professor Melachrinoudis conducts research within the Operations Research discipline. In particular, he is doing research in Multiple Criteria Optimization, Facilities Planning and Location, Production/Manufacturing Systems, Project/Technology Selection, and Stochastic Modeling and Network Reliability. Published examples include the location or relocation of manufacturing facilities and airports using multiple criteria optimization, the routing of hazardous transport vehicles, and the optimal location of service centers in a network to maximize network reliability. Of recent interest is the location of base stations in cellular radio communication systems and the distribution network design in supply chain management. He has carried out several research projects with local agencies and industries.
- Industrial Engineering Professor of the Year Award, 2004
- Industrial Engineering Professor of the Year Award, 2003
- Member of Board of Editors of International Journal of Operational Research
- Member of Board of Editors of Sensor Networks
- Member of Board of Editors of Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Algorithms in Operations Research