4G/5G Networks Software
srsLTE is a free and open-source LTE software suite developed by SRS. It includes the following features:
- srsUE - a complete SDR LTE UE application featuring all layers from PHY to IP
- srsENB - a complete SDR LTE eNodeB application
- srsEPC - a light-weight LTE core network implementation with MME, HSS and S/P-GW
- a highly modular set of common libraries for PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, NAS, S1AP and GW layers.
SCOPE is a development environment for softwarized and virtualized NextG cellular networks based on srsRAN. It provides: (i) A ready-to-use portable open-source cellular container with flexible 5G-oriented functionalities; (ii) data collection tools, such as dataset generation functions for recording cellular performance and metrics, and for facilitating data analysis; (iii) a set of APIs to control and reprogram key functionalities of the full cellular stack at run time, without requiring redeploying the network, and (iv) an emulation environment with diverse cellular scenarios closely matching real-world deployments for precise prototyping NextG network solutions.
If you use SCOPE, its APIs or scenarios, please reference the following paper: L. Bonati, S. D'Oro, S. Basagni, and T. Melodia, "SCOPE: An Open and Softwarized Prototyping Platform for NextG Systems," in Proceedings of ACM MobiSys, June 2021. [pdf] [bibtex]
oai-5gcn(OAI 5G Core Network),
oai-5g-sa-ran(OAI gNB/NR UE)
OpenAirInterface is an open-source LTE and 5G NR protocol stack implementation led by the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance (OSA). It provides an end-to-end implementation of 5G Standalone mode. It includes the following features:
- NR UE - an SDR based implementation of 5G UE supporting 5G Standalone mode control and user plane
- gNodeB - an SDR based gNodeB implementation with 5G SA mode features (and NSA support)
- 5GCN - 5G Core Network implementation with AMF, SMF, UPF and NRF. Supports Docker based containerized deployment.