College of Professional Studies
We are in the age of data, and there is tremendous demand for those who can analyze data and draw actionable insights from it. The Bachelor of Science in Analytics will provide you with the crucial competencies, skills, and experience you need to be in-demand across numerous industries, including marketing, finance, management, and healthcare.
- Anywhere Location
- Online Format
- Fall, Spring, Summer Entry Terms
- No Meets F1 Visa Requirements
Every day, 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created, and companies that are more proficient in data-driven decision making are more profitable than their competitors (Burning Glass, 2018). This means those with analytics skills are in high-demand, and our Bachelor of Science in Analytics program gives students the competencies, skills, and experience they need to have successful careers across a range of industries.
In this program you will develop your analytical capabilities through hands-on courses where you will:
- Develop a foundation of argumentation, reasoning, and analytical thinking
- Learn how to fetch and process data
- Run statistical analysis
- Program with R and Python
- Communicate the story told by the data through visualization tools
- Transform data into insights used for strategic decision-making
You will also have the opportunity to gain experience by working with leading companies on real-world data analytics projects that help them make critical decisions. You’ll be able to tailor your degree to your career goals by selecting electives that will prepare you for employment in a broad range of industries exercising your data analytics skills.
- The 100% online format provides all the flexibility you need, where you can study when and where it’s convenient for you.
- You can participate in real-world, hands-on learning projects to ensure you get experience that puts you in demand with employers.
- You’ll learn from faculty experts who have extensive real-world experience and will ensure you get practical skills that will help you advance your career.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the University-Wide Requirements.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the NUpath Requirements.
Foundation Courses (57 s.h.)
Complete one of the following:
Computer Engineering Technology
Major Required Courses (27 s.h.)
Professional Electives (12 s.h.)
Complete 12 semester hours in the following subject areas below:
MGT, MKT, FIN, PJM, HMG, CET, LDR, BTC
Capstone (3 s.h.)
Electives (21 s.h.)
Complete a minimum of 21 semester hours to reach 120 semester hours. Courses in the major may not double count for electives.
Suggested Elective Courses:
Northeastern's signature experiential learning model combines academics with professional practice to help students acquire relevant, real-world skills they can apply to their desired industry. Each program offers its own unique experiential learning opportunities, but they might include:
- Experiential Learning at Work — Working professionals collaborate with their employer to develop a project that addresses a key business need their company has in an area they want familiarity with.
- Experiential Network (XN) — Students work virtually with a sponsoring organization on a short-term project over a six-week period.
- Full-Time Co-op Opportunities — Students on co-op work in a paid position in their field of study for three to six months.
69% of employers say they prefer job candidates with data analytics skills, and by 2022 there will be 2.72 million job postings for skilled analytics professionals. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities in the analytics field are expected to grow at a faster-than-average pace especially for graduates with the ability to interpret and transform data into actionable insights.
What can you do with your degree?
This analytics program is well suited for individuals who wish to pursue a career as an analyst in a variety of industries including marketing, finance, management, and healthcare.
Job titles to consider include:
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Sales Operations Analyst
- Healthcare Data Analyst
Our industry-aligned faculty bring relevant real-world experience, knowledge, expertise, and connections that will help you achieve your career goals.
The university's financial aid policies are designed to enrich our campus community by ensuring that Northeastern is affordable for all admitted students.
- $1.6K Cost per Course
- $10.2K Avg Institutional Aid
- 45% % Receiving Aid