Grow with Google
Grow with Google then with Northeastern
With more than 557,000 projected jobs to be created in computer and information technology over the next decade, Northeastern has partnered with Grow with Google to help aspiring IT professionals gain the skills necessary to meet the increasing demand for qualified workers in this field.
The partnership, launched in September 2018, enables learners who complete Google’s IT Support Professional Certificate to receive up to 12 credits toward a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at Northeastern. This amounts to a cost savings of approximately $6,000 for students completing their bachelor’s degrees. Northeastern is currently the only university partnered with Grow with Google on this program.
“We are honored that Northeastern will now include Google-designed curriculum toward their bachelor’s in IT.” – Natalie Van Kleef Conley, program manager for Grow with Google
Future-proofing the careers of aspiring IT professionals
This partnership is part of Northeastern’s commitment to lifelong learning and focuses on providing a pathway to an IT degree that will future-proof graduates’ careers. By continuing their education beyond the Google certificate, students entering the BS in Information Technology program will have the opportunity to advance their careers in the IT industry by improving their aptitude for application development and programming, system and network administration, or cybersecurity.
For certificate holders who already have a bachelor’s degree, Northeastern’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business will waive the application fees and will provide an expedited admissions decision within two weeks of submission of an application.
- Corporations Turn To Community Colleges To Create Programs To Meet Workforce Needs | Forbes, October 2, 2018
- US colleges offer credit for Google’s online IT support certificate | Study International, September 28, 2018
- Google’s IT certification heads for college curriculum | Education Dive, September 27, 2018
- Google Curriculum, College Credit | Inside Higher Ed, September 26, 2018
- Google’s IT Support Professional Certificate can now count toward a degree at Northeastern University | News @ Northeastern, September 18, 2018