Biotechnology A2M Scholars Program
The Biotech A2M Scholars Program is an accelerated pathway for students from their associate to their master’s degree in biotechnology. The NSF (National Science Foundation) has awarded Northeastern University and Middlesex Community College scholarship funds (up to $10,000 per year per student) to assist qualifying students looking to pursue their associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in biotechnology, starting in the Spring 2019 semester.
In addition to scholarships, the Biotech A2M Scholars Program provides students with a variety of tailored academic, career, and support services including:
- Dedicated Biotech A2M support team to provide guidance to students as they pursue their A.S., B.S., and M.S. in biotechnology
- Assistance with transportation and textbook costs for qualifying students
- Pathway to Northeastern’s accelerated PlusOne Master’s degree program allowing students to apply up to 16 credits to both their B.S. and M.S. in biotechnology at no additional cost
- Opportunities for industry and peer mentorship as well as undergraduate research experiences and paid internships
Responding to the market demand for biotechnology professionals, the Biotech A2M Scholars Program will embed students in a supportive, accelerated pathway that prepares them for academic success and for careers in biotechnology. By earning their B.S. and M.S. from Northeastern, a top-ranked University, students will gain the skills they need to meet their long-term career goals and increase their lifetime earning potential.
To become Biotech A2M Scholars, students can submit an application for the program (available in late fall). For more information on the application process, please contact the Biotech Navigator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the Biotech A2M Scholars Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a biotechnology degree program at Middlesex Community College or Northeastern University
- Demonstrated financial need (FAFSA or Pell Grant eligibility)
- Full-time student (minimum 12 credits in the fall and spring semesters)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (A.S. or B.S. students) and 3.0 GPA (M.S. students)
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees (section 207)
Please note: Eligibility will be reviewed semi-annually to ensure that students continue to meet the criteria listed above.
For more information, please contact the Biotech Navigator at email@example.com.
The Biotech A2M Scholars Program is supported by the National Science Foundation under grant DUE- 1834045. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations are those of the investigators and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.