Areas of Research/Interest:
• Urban Development
• Labor Market Analysis
• Public Policy
• Political Economy
• Income Distribution
Barry Bluestone, Mary Huff Stevenson and Russell Williams. The Urban Experience: Economics, Society, and Public Policy (New York, Oxford University Press, 2008).
Barry Bluestone and Mary Huff Stevenson. The Boston Renaissance: Race, Space, and Economic Change in an American Metropolis, (New York: Russell Sage Books, 2000)
Barry Bluestone and Bennett Harrison. Growing Prosperity: The Battle for Growth and Equity in the Twenty-first Century, (New York: Houghton-Mifflin & The Century Foundation, 2000). (German ed. Geteilter Wohlstand: Wirtschaftliches Wachstum und Sozialer Ausgleich in 21. Jahrhundert (Frankfurt: Campus Verlag, 2002) (Italian ed. Einaudi; forthcoming 2002; Paperback edition, University of California Press, Spring 2001).
Barry Bluestone and Irving Bluestone. Negotiating the Future: A Labor Perspective on American Business, (New York: Basic Books, 1992) (Korean edition, 1995; Spanish edition, 1996; Japanese edition, 1997).
Barry Bluestone and Bennett Harrison. The Great U-Turn: Corporate Restructuring and the Polarizing of America, (New York: Basic Books, 1988). (Paperback edition, New Preface, April, 1990; Japanese edition: Kiko Shobo Ltd., 1990).
Barry Bluestone and Bennett Harrison. The Deindustrialization of America, (New York: Basic Books, 1982) (Japanese edition, 1984).
• Member, Board of Directors, Lyric Stage, Boston (2010)
• Member, Advisory Board, Russell Sage Census2010 Project
• Member, External Review Committee, Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston, Harvard University (2005)
• Member, Editorial Board, Labor History Journal (2003)
• Coordinator, Bellagio Conference on Constructing a New Labor Market Statistics Architecture, Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Conference Center, Italy (2002)
• Chair, Boston Host Committee, Urban Affairs Association Convention (2001-2002)
• Member, Board of Directors, National Labor Management Conference, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (2001-2003)
• Member, Editorial Board, Northeastern University Press (2002-2004)
• Founding Member, Board of Directors, Economic Policy Institute (1985-)
• Member, Executive Committee, Economic Policy Institute (1999-)
• Coordinator, Bellagio Conference on Comparative Unemployment Indicators, Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Conference Center, Italy (1999)
• Member, Scientific Committee, Center for International Social Studies (CISS), Rome, Italy (1997-)
• Faculty member, Harvard Trade Union Program, Harvard University (1987-)
• Member, Board of Advisors, Civic Initiative for a Livable New England, Boston Society of Architects (2000-)
• Research Associate, The Jerome Levy Economics Institute, Bard College (1997-)
• Senior Fellow, Gorbachev Foundation (1998-)
• Partner, Nommos Consulting Group (1995-)
• Faculty Member, UAW-General Motors Paid Education Leave Program (1985-)
Courses Taught Undergraduate:
• SOC 1160/PS 1413 Political Economy
• POLS 2358 Current Issues in Cities and Suburbs | Syllabus
Courses Taught Graduate:
• SOC 3370/POL 3503 Public Policy Seminar
• SOC 3317/POLI SCI 3631 Seminar in Urban Policy
• SOC G206/POLI SCI G320 Theories of Political Economy | Syllabus
• PPUA 6201 The 21st Century City: Urban Opportunities and Challenges in a Global Context | Syllabus