A sample of the advantages to having Information Services host the servers are:
- Controlled environment — Temperature, power and humidity are kept at ideal levels.
- Secured environment — Entry to the server room is gained by keycard access only. No unauthorized access is allowed. The Data Center is also protected by a firewall.
- Network access
- Monitoring — Systems are monitored either by software or by staff 24 x 7 x 365.
- Backups — Hosted servers are backed up based on customer requirements. Backups can be stored securely both on and off-site depending on content and requirements. Specific backup plans/regimens are tailored to each hosting agreement.
- Virtualized Server Hosting Package: Provides hosting services while optimizing physical resources, and through VMware technologies, supports optional high-availability options
- Physical Server Hosting Packages (Platinum, Gold, Silver): Provides hosting services for systems that are housed and managed in University data center with physical access control.
Annual charge for server hosting based upon the service level requested:
- Virtual Hosting Package – $1,400
- Physical Platinum Hosting Package – $3,600
- Physical Gold Hosting Package – $1,350
- Physical Silver Hosting Package – $900
Additional options available, based upon the service level requested.
This service can be requested by contacting the Service Desk at 617-373-4357 (HELP).