A sample of the advantages to having Information Technology Services host the servers are:
- Controlled environment — Temperature, power and humidity are kept at ideal levels.
- Secured environment — Entry to the server room is gained by keycard access only. No unauthorized access is allowed. The Data Center is also protected by a firewall.
- Network access
- Monitoring — Systems are monitored either by software or by staff 24 x 7 x 365.
- Backups — Hosted servers are backed up based on customer requirements. Backups can be stored securely both on and off-site depending on content and requirements. Specific backup plans/regimens are tailored to each hosting agreement.
- Virtualized Server Hosting Package: Provides hosting services while optimizing physical resources, and through VMware technologies, supports optional high-availability options
- Physical Server Hosting Packages (Platinum, Gold, Silver): Provides hosting services for systems that are housed and managed in University data center with physical access control.
Annual charge for server hosting based upon the service level requested (cost is prorated based on the month of the request):
- Microsoft Virtual Server Hosting
- Small – $864
- Medium – $1440
- Large – $3804
- Linux Virtual Server Hosting
- Small – $744
- Medium – $1320
- Large – $3672
- Physical Servers
- Platinum – $3,600
- Gold - $1,400
- Silver - $900
Additional options available, based upon the service level requested.
Request for Service
This service can be requested by contacting the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).