SharePoint is a web-based collaborative workspace tool that allows users to share documents, manage team calendars, and organize information in a secure environment.
SharePoint provides a wide range of functionality to promote collaboration and information sharing with personalization and customization capabilities. The tool provides integration with Microsoft Office for team access to documents, tasks and projects. The specific functionality available and supported includes:
- Shared document management (2 GB of storage space)
- Team/Committee collaboration
- Ability to set permission levels per group or item
- Team calendar
- E-mail Distribution list capability
- Advanced search; results limited by permissions
- Ability to generate alerts for tasks or deadlines
- Direct integration with Office 2007/2010
- Workflow support
- Announcements/ Discussion boards
- Document versioning and check-out settings
Service Level Options
Faculty, Staff, department, office or committee
Faculty, Staff and sponsored account holders
Hours of Availability
Service is available 24 x 7 x 365, except during planned maintenance and upgrades.
Support is provided by Information Technology Services during Service Desk hours of 7:00am – 12midnight Monday – Saturday, except during holidays and intersession. To obtain assistance with this service, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
Currently, there is no charge for this service.
Request for Service
This service can be requested by contacting the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
Version, Date last updated
Version: SharePoint 2010, Last updated August 2011
See the SharePoint-Getting Started
page to learn how to submit a self-service request online. For more information about SharePoint, see the SharePoint Support