Vism strives to foster a sustainable culture of service and social responsibility in university students through skill‐based volunteerism. VISM connects university students with nonprofits that need their help. Through skill‐based volunteering projects, students gain opportunities to develop their professional skills and talents through real world application while nonprofits gain access to high‐achieving talent and increase their capacity for social impact.
Vism creates a movement in which university students are able to take charge of their personal and professional growth while nonprofits thrive off the passion of skill‐based student volunteers.
VISM is currently in development. We are seeking to build an innovative and dedicated team to help realize Vism’s vision. If you are someone who enjoys taking initiative and bringing new ideas to a team, then consider joining us!
Vism is looking for a Business Development Lead. This position is for those who love networking, building relationships, understanding people, and executing ideas.
- Identify and research potential clients (nonprofits) and partnerships
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, the social good sector
- Meet with potential clients, volunteers, and partners to better understand needs
- Brainstorm and propose new product/service/experience ideas
- Stay attuned to user feedback and propose improvements
- Attend networking functions, such as association events and conferences
Qualification & Skills:
- Open to ALL majors ‐ Business experience preferred but not required
- Entrepreneurial, People‐oriented, Reliable, Flexible, Articulate, Self‐motivated, Strategic, Positive Attitude, High integrity, Curious, Passionate and Driven, Collaborative
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Research, Writing, Professionalism, Public Speaking, Organization and Planning, Brainstorming
~ 3-5 hours/week
Lucy Zhao and Mindi Chen