After another successful Scholars Clambake, the Scholars community came together to lay out our common goals for the year, as is our practice on Monday, September 7. This year, we revised our common goals to reflect our understanding of what we hope to bring into being. These follow.
How do we create a group culture that is rigorous, supportive, exciting, and collaborative?
- Be timely.
- Share positive energy and outlook, keeping an open mind. Be forgiving of yourself and others. Failure is okay. It’s life.
- Be able to be critical in a constructive manner. Take risks: challenge yourself, one another, and the program with specific goals, and acknowledge when they are accomplished.
- Absorb and enjoy the experience. HAVE FUN.
- Mutual Respect: Encourage, support, and value one another.
- Show up, speak up, and be actively engaged in the program: be honest, ask questions, take initiative, connect outside of meetings.
- Build relationships: take advantage of the network of University Scholars. Reach out to the greater communities, share our talents with the world, and learn from others.
- Acknowledge, honor, and draw from each scholar’s diverse experiences and backgrounds. Be yourself; we see you.
- Know that you belong and humbly work to discover common purpose, seeking relationships outside of the scholars’ community.
- Be appreciative of the people who make this program possible.