The following resources are available for all Northeastern students.
The University has developed a comprehensive website dedicated to COVID-19. We encourage you to review this website with questions regarding the latest updates, information and FAQs.
Students attending or visiting Northeastern University’s U.S. campuses will be expected to be fully vaccinated with the inclusion of a booster shot, by January 18, 2022. The university message regarding proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with instructions on how to submit can be found here.
24/7 Emergency medical services: 911 (U.S.), local emergency services (Int’l.)
Should you or someone you know have a medical or mental health emergency, please call local emergency services.
Emergency warning signs of COVID-19 include*:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
UHCS is available for medical and mental health services for students in Massachusetts. For students in our global campuses, resources are listed in the next section.
UHCS clinicians are available for scheduled in person visits and telehealth visits. Please call UHCS 617-373-2772 to schedule an appointment. Students outside of Massachusetts are encouraged to reach out to their primary care or local medical provider. When you call to request to meet with a clinician, a patient associate may ask you about the reason for your visit. These questions are asked so that you can be scheduled for the appropriate type of visit. The information you provide is confidential.
To learn more about what to expect please click here.
Mental Health Care
Mental Health services are available via phone, video and in person by appointment at UHCS, for students in Massachusetts. UHCS offers mental health walk-in hours daily.
Mental health walk-in hours:
- Monday through Friday 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
All Full Time Northeastern Students
Immediate mental health support is available to students through Find@Northeastern is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, at 877.233.9477 (U.S.), 855-229-8797 (Canada), +1.781.457.7777 (International),
- Immediate support with a licensed mental health provider
- Unlimited free counseling sessions
- Personal assistance in locating and scheduling the help you need
- Video counseling options for wherever you are
- SilverCloud, a digital on-demand mental health and well-being platform provides students with customized strategies to manage depression, anxiety, sleep issues, stress, resilience, and more
- Resources and tools to help you along the way
- Free access to Headspace
All full-time degree-seeking students are eligible for Find@Northeastern
Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP)
Students enrolled in the Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP) automatically have access to Well Connection’s medical and mental health online telehealth services. As of March 21, 2020, Well Connection has waived the standard $10 co-pay for a visit. This fee waiver will remain in place through 2022. Any student on NUSHP within the U.S. may seek medical or mental health support through Well Connection at no cost with any mobile or desktop device.
A 24/7 Nurse Hotline (1.888.247.2583) is available for free to all NUSHP members and offers a safe and convenient resource for minor ailments or questions.
Visit the BCBS Coronavirus Resource Center site for additional resources and information about NUSHP coverage for COVID-19.
If you are currently located outside of Massachusetts but within the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands:
- Help finding a NUSHP health care provider is available by calling 1.800.810.BLUE (1.804.673.1177 to call collect).
- Call this phone number 24 hours a day for help to find a health care provider. Please have your member ID ready when you call.
- Let the representative know that you are looking for health care providers that participate with the BlueCard PPO program.
Options available if you are outside the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands:
- Call 1.800.810.BLUE (1.804.673.1177 to call collect).
- The Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core Service Center can help you to access a health care provider.
- Access the free 24/7 Nurse Hotline at 1.888.247.2583.
For general support and questions about university processes, call 617.373.7591 or email email@example.com.
Office for Prevention and Education at Northeastern (OPEN)
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
For COVID-19 related resources for survivors of sexual and domestic violence, for those in recovery, and for information about vaping, alcohol use, and COVID, visit OPEN’s website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.373.4459 during hours of operation.
Local health and human services
If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, locating health and human services, or finding other essential services, dial 211 to find someone who can help or search 211.org for the local toll-free number. Visit the 211 COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic page for more information.