UHCS is offering the following groups for Fall 2017:
Groups can have a powerful impact on personal growth and change.
Groups can help you to:
- Learn new ways to address your difficulties
- Connect with others
- Talk about challenges and issues important to you and other group members
- Consider new perspectives
- Explore new ways of coping
- A safe place to give and receive feedback and support
- Offers a confidential setting
Here’s how to join –
- If you are interested in joining please call UHCS at (617) 373-2772, and press choice #1.
- Some groups require a pre-group conversation with the facilitator to make sure the group meets your needs.
- If you would like more information about group, please send an email to UHCS@northeastern.edu and place “GROUP” in the subject line. You will hear back from the group facilitator shortly.
- Groups are for CURRENT Northeastern students only.
- All groups are held at UHCS, 135 Forsyth Building
FALL 2017 GROUPS
Cosponsored by ViSION, UHCS and O.P.E.N., Heal is a confidential weekly support group for survivors of sexual violence. Heal provides an opportunity for discussion around the mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual impacts of sexual violence as well as self-care and coping strategies. It encourages peer support through group interaction.
- Mondays from 1:00pm to 2:30pm, October 2rd through November 23rd
A student athlete support group, providing a safe, confidential environment to connect, receive support, and discuss athletic, academic and personal challenges.
- Mondays from 3:00pm to 4:00pm, October 16th through November 20th
This group is an open, weekly, support group for incoming freshman. The group will focus on providing support, community, and common ground for freshman who may be struggling to find connection.
- Tuesdays from 2:00pm to 3:00pm, September 26th through December 5th
This group is for students who come back to campus after being away from the university. The group will provide support, education, and specific strategies for transitioning back into the academic routine.
- Tuesdays from 3:00pm to 4:00pm, September 26th through December 5th
Identity Based Trauma: A Support Group for Marginalized and Underrepresented Students
For students who are from underrepresented or marginalized identities and who have experienced trauma within their communities due to their race, gender, culture, or sexual identity. Come together in a supportive and confidential setting and discuss the relationship between your daily experience and your mental health and wellness. In partnership with the Center for Intercultural Engagement and Students Against Institutional Discrimination.
- Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm, September 19th through October 24th
- Register here
Discuss ways to balance school & personal life, talk about relationships with advisors and peers, increase self-confidence, and develop connections with other graduate students in a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental setting.
- Thursdays from 1:30pm – 2:30pm, October 12th – November 16th
Find support, create personal change, and connect with others around managing depression and anxiety in a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental setting.
- Thursdays from 3:00pm – 4:00pm, September 21st – December 7th
This 6-week workshop will focus on learning hands-on techniques to reduce stress and increase resiliency. Topics include mindfulness, nutrition, and study skills. Drop in or sign up in advance.
- Fridays from 2:00pm to 3:00pm, September 22nd through October 27th