University Health and Counseling Services offers a variety of groups each term in an effort to support your varying needs. We are happy to help you find the best fit for you.
All groups provide a nonjudgmental and confidential space in which to learn as well as to receive and offer support. You’ll explore different perspectives and new ways of coping. Groups are a brave space for personal connection and personal growth.
To learn about workshops, please scroll to the bottom of the page. Workshops are held virtually and open to Northeastern students globally.
Groups are for CURRENT Northeastern students in Massachusetts only and are held at EST.
What to Expect – Support Groups
I’m interested in participating in a group. What do I need to do?
- To express interest in participating in a group, you’ll need to submit an interest form. The link to the form is included in the group descriptions, below. Space is limited so please fill out the interest form as soon as you know which group you’d like to attend.
- Please pay attention to the dates and times of the support groups offered before you complete the interest form to ensure there are no scheduling conflicts. We ask that you only submit interest forms for groups you can commit to attending.
- The group interest form will be sent to the group facilitator for the group that you expressed interest in. The facilitator will reach out to you within one week of receiving your interest form. If you do not hear back within one weeks’ time, please contact UHCS at 617.373.2772. It’s important that you respond to their call or message. Groups fill up quickly and membership is limited, so your prompt response is helpful.
- The facilitator will talk with you about the group and next steps. If the group is already full (no longer accepting new members), they can assist you with connecting with additional resources instead.
The facilitator contacted me, and I’ve arranged to participate in the group. What else do I need to know?
- Check whether the group you are registered for is being offered in-person or virtually.
- If your group is in-person: Please arrive at UHCS five to ten minutes before the start time for the group. Upon arriving, please check in at the front desk with a Patient Associate. After checking in, have a seat in the seating area. The group facilitator will come out and greet you and escort you to the group room.
- If your group is offered virtually: At the time of registration, you will receive information on how to join the group. This information will include a link.
- Consistent group attendance is important. If you are not able to commit to attending all sessions, please consider participating at another time when you are better able to attend all sessions.
- It is important that group members are on time for visits.
I am interested in a group that is listed as no longer accepting new members. What are my options?
- If you are interested in learning about support groups that might be available outside of Northeastern, contact Danette Mucaria, Associate Director of Mental Health (email@example.com, 617.373.2772).
- Mental health support is available through UHCS and Find@Northeastern.
Fall 2023 Support Groups and Workshops are being developed.
Check back in August for updates.