As of March 17, 2020, our medical and mental health care teams are available for telephone consultation at 617.373.2772. Immediate mental health support remains accessible to students through Find@Northeastern at 877.233.9477 (U.S.), +1.781.457.7777 (Int’l), 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
If you are sick and want to speak with a medical provider during UHCS hours of operation, please call 617.373.2772 and leave a message. A medical provider will call you back to conduct a brief assessment and make recommendations for care.
Should you or someone you know have a medical or mental health emergency, please call NUPD at 617.373.3333 (or 911 off-campus) or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
Mental health support is also available at any time from any location by calling Find@Northeastern at 877.233.9477.
During a walk-in or initial phone appointment, a Mental Health clinician will assess your concerns, identify and address your immediate needs, review a care and safety plan and discuss options for further assessment and treatment. These options may include:
- Scheduling a follow-up visit at UHCS for further support and assessment
- Scheduling a medication assessment visit
- Referral to ongoing treatment in the local community
- Referral to a student support group at UHCS
- Referral to ICare, an internet-based and mobile-supported self-guided cognitive behavioral intervention.
- Other helpful campus resources and supports
- Resources and self-care steps you may take to help manage your condition
Call or come to UHCS during business hours if you have a concern that you feel should not wait for an appointment. In case of emergency, call Northeastern University Police Department emergency line at (617) 373-3333 or 911.
Find more information on after hours care here.