Fall 2021 Update
Mental Health services are available via phone, video and in person by appointment. Students who are outside of Massachusetts are encouraged to reach out to their primary care or local medical provider.
Walk-in hours are available:
- Monday through Friday 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Should you or someone you know have a medical or mental health emergency, please call NUPD at 617.373.3333 (or 911 off-campus) or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
Mental health support is also available at any time from any location by calling Find@Northeastern at 877.233.9477.
What happens when I speak with a mental health provider?
During an initial phone appointment, a Mental Health clinician will assess your concerns, identify and address your immediate needs, review a care and safety plan and discuss options for further assessment and treatment. These options may include:
- Scheduling a follow-up visit with a UHCS clinician for further support and assessment
- Scheduling a medication assessment visit
- Referral to ongoing treatment in the local community
- Referral to a student support group at UHCS
- Referral to ICare, an internet-based and mobile-supported self-guided cognitive behavioral intervention.
- Other helpful campus resources and supports
- Resources and self-care steps you may take to help manage your condition
Call UHCS during business hours if you have a concern that you feel should not wait for an appointment. In case of emergency, call Northeastern University Police Department emergency line at (617) 373-3333 or 911. Find more information on after hours care here.
UHCS Policy on Sick Notes
UHCS does not provide sick notes. To learn more visit our page regarding sick notes. University policy indicates that instructors are not allowed to ask a student for medical proof/confirmation of illness or appointment. Please review the university policy in the catalog.