Walk-in and scheduled visits are available for any behavioral health concern.
• Walk in to UHCS at 135 Forsyth building during our business hours or call 617-373-2772, option #2 to schedule a phone appointment with a behavioral health clinician to discuss your needs and treatment options.
• During a walk-in or initial phone appointment, a Behavioral Health clinician will assess your concerns, identify and address your immediate needs, review a care and safety plan and discuss options for further assessment and treatment
Call or come to UHCS during business hours if you have a concern that you feel should not wait for an appointment.
Urgent matters may include:
• Feeling upset over an unexpected setback
• Feeling distress or hopelessness
• Feeling unable to function as a student
In case of emergency:
• you are feeling at risk of harm to yourself or others and are unable to come to UHCS immediately
• you are experiencing any emergency and require immediate assistance
Call Northeastern University Police Department emergency line at (617) 373-3333 or 911.
After Hours Care
When UHCS is closed, please visit a local urgent care or emergency department for immediate concerns.
Below is a list of local Urgent Care sites to consider.
Massachusetts General Hospital
Medical Walk-in Unit
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114
To register, contact the Mass General Registration and Referral Center at 866-211-6588.
Partners Urgent Care
1285 Beacon St
Brookline, MA 02446
Monday – Sunday: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
*Partners offers 12 different urgent care locations, please review their website to locate a site near you.
Beth Israel Deaconess Urgent Care
200 Boylston Street
Newton, MA 02467
Hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Weekends & some holidays: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
1000 Broadway, 2nd floor
Chelsea, MA 02510
Hours: Monday-Friday: 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Weekends & some holidays: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Start writing or type / to choose a block
Wanting to talk to someone on the phone after hours for support?
Samaritans Crisis Hotline
Trained volunteers are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to provide support and assistance. http://www.samaritanshope.org
Not comfortable talking on the phone?
Crisis Text Line
Provides free, 24/7 emotional support via text.
Text 741741 when you are in crisis/need to talk.
A live, trained counselor will respond promptly
and be available to provider support and assistance.