Who can use the health center:
- All undergraduate students
- All law school students
- Graduate students who have either enrolled in the Student Health Plan or have paid the health center fee
- All other eligible students who have paid the health center fee
- Students in special programs by prior arrangement
Health Center Holds:
- A student will have a Health Center hold if the student has failed to provide complete documentation of immunizations in accordance with Massachusetts state law.
- Deadlines for providing this information are as follows: the end of June for undergraduate students entering in the following fall; the beginning of December for undergraduate students entering in the following spring; one month prior to the beginning of a graduate student or law student’s program.
- Health Center holds will prevent students from registering for an upcoming term. The Health Center hold also will prevent a student’s ability to complete “I Am Here.”
- For questions about blocks due to state mandated immunity requirements, please call (617) 373-2772 or email UHCS general email at UHCS@northeastern.edu
We are committed to responding promptly to your needs. We have:
- Extended hours: We are open 8am. Monday to Friday; we remain open until 8pm Tuesday and Thursday
- Saturday hours: 12-noon to 4pm. **We are closed on Saturdays during the summer terms
- Open access scheduling: We see patients for all medical problems
- Same day, urgent behavioral health assessment
- Patient Associates with responsibility only to answer phones to schedule appointments
For easier access:
- Check your demographic profile (address, phone number etc) on your student portal before coming — and update when information changes!
- Use our website to get information on required immunizations or for requesting your medical records
After Hours Care
When the Health Center is closed, please visit a local emergency room or urgent care for immediate concerns.
Urgent Care- They treat conditions that require immediate, non-life threatening care.
Whittier Street Health Center
1290 Tremont Street
Roxbury, MA 02120
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Beth Israel Deaconess Urgent Care at Chestnut Hill
200 Boylston Street
Newton, MA 02467
11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
WEST CAMPUS of BIDMC at 190 Pilgrim Rd.
Boston MA 02215
If there is an emergency on campus, call Northeastern P0lice Department emergency line at (617) 373-3333. If you are off campus call 911.