Northeastern University Health and Counseling Services is an institutional member of the American College Health Association (ACHA). ACHA has served as the voice for student health and wellness since 1920. Through advocacy, research and education, ACHA stands at the forefront of issues that impact the health and wellness of college students.
JED Campus is a nationwide initiative of The Jed Foundation designed to help colleges and universities enhance emotional well-being and mental health promotion efforts, reduce substance abuse, and prevent suicide among students. www.jedcampus.org
What do we offer at UHCS?
University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS) offers support, information, and response to Mental and Medical Health concerns. Services include:
- Same day routine and urgent medical visits
- Walk-in mental health assessment and treatment
- 24/7 mental health support
- Follow-up visits as needed for medical and mental health concerns
- Referral to clinical care resources in the community
- Immunization compliance
- Medical leave of absence
- Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP)
UHCS does not provide sick notes for students who have missed classes. In accordance with the university catalog, students cannot be required to provide medical documentation. We Care has developed tip sheets to help students communicate with instructors.