Northeastern University encourages and expects all members of the community to conduct themselves according to the highest ethical standards. All of our endeavors – including research, academic, business, athletic, community relations and student affairs – must be grounded in ethical principles, conducted according to the utmost standards of integrity, and carried out in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and university policies. All university-wide policies, except for campus-specific policies, can be found on the university policy webpage.
Toronto-specific campus policies and relevant resources will be accessible through this webpage. Toronto-based students and employees must comply with Toronto policies in addition to applicable university-wide policies. Toronto-specific policies, reflecting distinctions in Canadian and provincial legal requirements, are identified by “CAN” at the end of the policy name. Any copies (print or online) of policies that are inconsistent with the official versions posted on this webpage should be disregarded.
Individual colleges and departments may have distinct practices, standards, or guidelines, all of which must be consistent with university policies. Compliance with university policies is a condition of employment and enrollment at the university. Please check back often to review current, new, or updated policies and to access helpful guidance or information.
If you need more information, please contact: Policies@northeastern.edu
Governance and Legal
- Policy on Authorization to Work in Canada (CAN)
- Policy on Background Checks and Credential Verifications (CAN)
- Policy on Disciplinary Action (CAN)
- Policy on Drug-Free Workplace (CAN)
- Policy on Employee Privacy (CAN)
- Policy on Employment of Relatives (CAN)
- Policy on Leaves of Absence (CAN)
- Policy on Paid Time Off (CAN)
- Policy on Personal Information (CAN)
- Policy on Personnel Files (CAN)
- Policy on Probationary Period (CAN)