$10,000 Scholarship for local Public School Educators
We are pleased to offer this unique scholarship opportunity for educators employed by the public school systems in the area who are committed to transforming education in urban areas.
How to Apply
To be considered for the MacFarland Scholarship, applicants must submit a response to the below prompt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essay Prompt: The Graduate School of Education at Northeastern University is committed to providing access to quality educational opportunities for students from all backgrounds. Please describe how the MacFarland Scholarship and your degree choice in the School of Education will impact your career goals and intentions to work with urban and under-served populations within elementary and secondary public education. (500-1000 words)
New, incoming students who are working or have the intention of working as an educator in a public school at the elementary or secondary level within an urban area are eligible to receive a scholarship award of up to $10,000.
Must meet the following criteria:
- Work or have the intention of working as an educator in a public school at the elementary or secondary level in an urban area
- Must apply and be admitted to one of the following programs at the College of Professional Studies School of Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching—Elementary or Secondary Education
- Master of Education in Learning and Instruction, Learning Analytics, eLearning and Instructional Design, or Special Education
- Doctor of Education in Curriculum, Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit a completed FAFSA and have financial need
Scholarship Award Process:
Individuals who are accepted into one of the above specified programs, submit a scholarship application, and meet the scholarship criteria will be eligible for the MacFarland Scholarship. The scholarship award will be granted within two to three weeks of admission into degree program.
Selected scholarship recipients will receive a formal letter via email of the award granted.