Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy
Winter: January 6, 2020, and February 18, 2020
The Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy is designed for practicing physical therapists who currently hold baccalaureate or master’s degrees in physical therapy. This innovative online program integrates art and science, as well as professional and experiential education.
Core courses within this physical therapy doctoral program include Differential Diagnosis and Medical Screening, Diagnostic Imaging, Pharmacology, Nutrition, and Motor Control. The capstone course, Comprehensive Case Analysis, is a culmination of all work within the transitional DPT curriculum.
The Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy also includes concentrations in a variety of areas including: orthopedics, pediatrics, geriatrics, advanced nutrition, women’s health, education, and business management. If you have a unique concentration interest, you may also complete a directed study on a preapproved topic of your choosing.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to competently screen patients for musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular and pulmonary, and integumentary conditions, interpret clinical findings, and make sound clinical judgments
- Evaluate the clinical interpretation of various medical imaging techniques, including plain film radiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and computerized tomography
- Write, refine, and analyze a comprehensive and publishable case report that addresses the patient/client management model, clinical decision-making processes, and resource utilization
- Examine current motor control concepts, along with state-of-the-art technology and equipment
- Review advanced pharmacologic management concepts, including the interrelationship between pharmacologic management and physical therapy interventions
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree or doctoral program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.