Master of Science in Human Services
Winter: January 6, 2020, and February 18, 2020
Designed for individuals who want to advance their careers in the field of human services, the Master of Science in Human Services helps you address a wide range of societal issues. Often responsible for working with vulnerable populations, human service professionals must be skilled at conducting assessments, developing service plans and policies, leading interdisciplinary teams, and managing care for at-risk clients. Students in this program often have experience in social work, healthcare, local, state, or nonprofit organizations.
As a student in this program, you will have the opportunity to examine human service policies, assess methods for facilitating community involvement, and consider how to engage diverse groups of stakeholders in strategic partnerships. Reflecting Northeastern University’s philosophy of practice-oriented education, this human services master’s degree includes work-based applications and a capstone service-learning project, providing you with practical experience you may apply to your current or future professional career.
- Examine the development of human service policies and organizations
- Explore organizational behavior and leadership issues in human service organizations
- Acquire methods for facilitating community involvement, constructively engaging diverse groups of stakeholders in strategic partnerships, and building communities
- Review human service social policy issues, including the privatization of welfare, trends in mental healthcare, the impact of immigration, and the ongoing debate over education and reproductive rights
- Develop a conceptual framework for developing effective employee assistance programs
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.