Master of Science in Global Studies and International Relations
Fall: Sept. 18, 2017
Winter: Jan. 8, 2018
Spring: Apr. 9, 2018
As traditional borders of commerce, communication, and politics are replaced with a dynamic global web of cross-cultural and cross-sector relationships, the need for professionals with international studies and global relations expertise is growing.
In response, the College of Professional Studies—in collaboration with the Middle East Center for Peace, Culture, and Development and International Affairs—offers the Master of Science in Global Studies and International Relations.
The program’s core curriculum focuses on economic, political, cultural, and business theories and topics as they relate to the global world. Complementing the core curriculum are degree concentrations in areas such as conflict resolution, global health, and nonprofit management providing you with content-specific expertise.
- Study global issues from government, private and nonprofit viewpoints
- Develop practical expertise in one of the world’s six major regions
- Choose a concentration in Conflict Resolution, Development and Global Health, Diplomacy, International Economics and Consulting, or Global Student Mobility
- Learn from faculty with decades of experience as ambassadors, foreign service officers, and diplomats
- Prepare for a leadership role in areas like nonprofit management, business and industry, education, banking, consulting and foreign service
- Travel abroad with your classmates for an international field study for firsthand research
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.
The Graduate Certificate in Global Studies and International Relations is designed to provide students with the skills and training necessary to analyze, research, and evaluate a topic of interest in a global location. Overall, the program curriculum focuses on the themes of transition and development in the global world. Core courses provide a base of knowledge about global issues, and are combined with an elective that allows students to focus on a specific area of interest.