Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering
Funding Early Action deadline (international and domestic) January 15
Deadline for international applicants outside of the US: May 15
Deadline for international applicants inside the US: July 1
Deadline for Domestic Applicants: August 1
Deadline for regional campus applicants: August 15
Data Analytics Engineering offers students an opportunity to train for industry jobs or to acquire rigorous analytical skills and research experience to prepare for a doctoral program in health, security, and sustainability at Northeastern University. The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MIE) offers this degree program in order to meet the current and projected demand for a workforce trained in analytics. While the core courses for this program are offered by the College of Engineering, elective courses can be chosen from diverse disciplines spread across various colleges at Northeastern. The MS degree in data analytics engineering is designed to enable the graduating students to address the growing need for professionals who are trained in advanced data analytics and can transform large streams of data into understandable and actionable information for the purpose of making decisions. The key sectors that require analytics professionals include healthcare, smart manufacturing, supply chain and logistics, national security, defense, banking, finance, marketing, and human resources.
This degree program seeks to prepare students for a comprehensive list of tasks including collecting, storing, processing and analyzing data, reporting statistics and patterns, drawing conclusions and insights, and making actionable recommendations.
- This program meets F-1 international student status requirements
- Core courses for this program are offered by the College of Engineering, while elective courses can be chosen from diverse disciplines spread across various colleges at Northeastern.
- Program designed to enable the graduating students to address the growing need for professionals who are trained in advanced data analytics.
The MS in Data Analytics Engineering is designed to help students acquire knowledge and skills to
• Discover opportunities to improve systems, processes, and enterprises through data analytics
• Apply optimization, statistical, and machine-learning methods to solve complex problems involving large data from multiple sources
• Collect and store data from a variety of sources, including Internet of Things (IoT), an integrated network of devices and sensors, customer touch points, processes, social media, and people
• Work with technology teams to design and build large and complex SQL databases
• Use tools and methods for data mining, big data algorithms, and data visualization to generate reports for analysis and decision making
• Create integrated views of data collected from multiple sources of an enterprise
• Understand and explain results of data analytics to decision makers
• Design and develop analytics projects
|IE 5374||Special Topics in Industrial Engineering (Data Visualization Engineering)||4|
|IE 6200||Engineering Probability and Statistics||4|
|IE 7275||Data Mining in Engineering||4|
|IE 7280||Statistical Methods in Engineering||4|
|INFO 6210||Data Management and Database Design||4|
|OR 6205||Deterministic Operations Research||4|
Cooperative Education Program (co-op)
The College of Engineering Graduate Cooperative Education Program (co-op) is one option for experiential learning and is available on a competitive basis to selected students. Cooperative Education at the graduate level is not just a way for students to gain real world experience, but is a way to challenge, network, expand and fine-tune their knowledge within their respective industry. The goals of cooperative education are to:
• Apply knowledge and skills in new, authentic contexts.
• Develop new knowledge and skills.
• Integrate and use the deepened knowledge and skills in your academic programs.
• Reflect on and articulate how you used your knowledge and skills, how you gained new knowledge and skills, and how “theory and practice” work together.
The Graduate School of Engineering placed over 200 students with some of the most sought after technical skills in positions nationally during the 2015 academic year. We have a team that prepares students for cooperative education experience through resume building, developing interview skills and guiding professional development
All new students to the MS in Data Analytics Engineering will be eligible for a 25% tuition scholarship. The scholarship will save students about $12,000 on their overall tuition. For more information, please contact the Graduate School of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect With a Current Student
Working with the Graduate School of Engineering, Graduate Student Ambassadors provide both prospective and admitted students with the information they need to transition to Northeastern University. Their mission is to offer a glimpse into life as a current Husky and deliver the student perspective of graduate school. Ambassadors engage the community while demonstrating educational excellence and maintaining a high level of campus involvement in the College of Engineering and within in the entire University. Learn more at our graduate student ambassadors page.
Student Success Stories
Our students go on to do great things! Read more about the work our alumni are doing in the world.
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
By enrolling in Northeastern, you gain access to a network of more than 255,000 alumni and 3,200+ employer partners, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and global NGOs. Our current students and faculty across strategically located regional campuses further foster that lifelong global community of learning and mentoring.