Zara is a Lead Tax partner in KPMG’s Boston office. She has 20 years of public accounting experience serving multinational as well as inbound companies in the media and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, software, manufacturing, and medical device companies.
In her role as the Lead Tax Partner, she oversees the entire delivery and management of tax advisory projects to ensure both KPMG and professional standards are followed throughout the engagement and that we satisfy all client service expectations.
Professional and Industry Experience
Zara has provided tax compliance and consulting services for 20 years. Her experience includes assisting clients with design and development of tax functions, carve out accounting, ASC 740 income tax reserve analysis, and cash tax planning. She also has experience in performing accounting methods and credits diagnostic studies to increase cash flow through risk mitigation and/or potential tax planning as well as assessing the impact of IFRS conversions.
Zara has served as a technical advisor, IRS exam strategist and Tax Account Leader on a number of multinational and inbound companies. She also served as the ASC 740 business tax leader for a Big Four accounting firm.
• Accounting Methods (including R&D studies, Section 199, Repairs regulations, lobbying expenses, meals & entertainment studies), Tax carve-out accounting, Medical Device Excise Tax, IFRS Conversion, ASC 740, purchase accounting and opening balance sheet analysis, tax planning including international expansion playbook, IRS Controversy (including pre filing agreements), acquisition and disposition planning, Global Tax Compliance and Reporting;
• Founder of the Women in Tax Networking group
• Co chair of NEUNY KPMG Women’s network
• NEUNY KPMG Pride Partner Champion and founder of the group
• Board of Visitors for Fenway Community Health
• Board of Director and Treasurer for Mass Medic
• Travel, fitness and culinary
• Organized and moderated Pharma tax roundtables for KPMG
• Frequent speaker and moderator for TEI events, internal and external KPMG events and Accounting Conferences and Seminars LLC