RISE, the Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Entrepreneurial Expo, was born a decade ago, as a showcase for the research and creative projects being undertaken by Northeastern’s solution-focused, leading-edge students, faculty, and staff. Through the years, it the Expo has grown into the largest event of its kind in the nation, as nearly 400 presenters, over 100 judges, and 1000+ attendees join us for this annual event.
In 2021, RISE:2021 will be a born-virtual event, utilizing best-in-class conference software to enable the live conversations and connections that have been the hallmark of RISE for so long. The RISE:2021 Virtual Expo will feature:
- A Virtual “exhibit hall” for viewing presentations, with search and filter functions
- Video and text chat features, in system, to connect directly with other RISE participants
- Networking spaces for all RISE participants, conference-wide and by theme
- A profile gallery for presenters, judges, sponsors
- Networking and chat features for all users, conference-wide or by theme, college, etc.
- Live panels sessions
- Sponsor gallery and interaction opportunities
- And more
RISE Engenders Opportunity
At RISE, leaders from across fields and sectors come together to engage Northeastern’s next generation thinkers, doers, creators, and impact makers from across the disciplines and around the globe. The convergence at RISE creates a dynamic feedback loop translating into high-impact social change, provocative art, game-changing technologies, lucrative commercial pathways, pioneering joint research projects and bold new understandings of our common humanity.
RISE Celebrates Connectivity
Over 100 esteemed judges and sponsors with expertise in a wide-range of areas and from a huge cross-section of industries (design, clean energy, computer science, engineering, the life sciences, and finance, to name a few) come together to measure and celebrate the ingenuity and impact of research and creative endeavor across the disciplines at Northeastern. The experts crown the winners of the prestigious RISE Awards, presented to both undergraduate and graduates.