WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program
Johnson & Johnson (WiSTEM2D)
This opportunity is closed.
- Engineering: Amy Mueller
- Science: Lara Milane
- Manufacturing: Jacqueline Griffin
- Technology: Sara Hashmi
- Math: Kayse Maas
- Internal: 08/01/2019
- Proposal: 10/03/2019
- Amount: $150,000
- Duration: 3 years
he Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
The awards will fund one woman per discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university or design institution. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
By offering these awards, Johnson & Johnson hopes to play an influential role in STEM2D breakthroughs in the future.
Eligibility & Submission Requirements
Only one nominee is permitted per university, per category. The categories are: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, Design.
If you are interested submitting, please contact Karen Drew (x 4824) as soon as possible and submit a CV and 2-page pre-proposal following the NU Procedure for Programs with Limited Submissions. Make sure to clearly identify the category which you wish to be considered under in your pre-proposal.
The following award criteria applies:
- You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
- You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
- The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.