Toyota University Research Program
Toyota Material Handling North America (TMHNA) (University Research Program)
The proposal deadline has been extended to Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
- Proposal: 12/04/2019
- Amount: Up to $500,000 per year
- Duration: Up to 3 years
The Toyota Material Handling North America (TMHNA) University Research Program is a sponsored research program created to drive the next generation of technology for the material handling industry. The industry’s end-to-end approach to provide complete solutions to customers that are smarter, more efficient and more effective has fueled this program. The mission is to encourage professors and researchers to apply their knowledge of engineering and technical fields, drawing synergies and collaboration between collegiate research and Toyota Material Handling North America.
Proposal themes related to these areas are encouraged, but given the broad nature of material handling, other themes are welcome.
- Material handling for last mile delivery
- Material handling for urban environments
- Material handling for piece picking
- Material handling for reverse logistics
- Material handling automation
- Remote operation of material handling equipment
- Warehousing Energy Infrastructure
- VR/AR for material handling applications
- Machine learning in material handling
- ADAS systems for material handling equipment
- Industry 4.0
Eligibility & Submission Requirements
Full-time professors or researchers in North American universities are eligible to apply.