Spencer Foundation Large Research Grants on Education
Spencer Foundation (Large Research Grants on Education Program)
- Proposal: 01/14/2020
- Amount: $125,000 - $500,000, including up to 15% of indirect cost charges
- Duration: Up to 5 years
The Spencer Foundation Large Research Grants on Education Program supports education research projects that will contribute to the improvement of education, broadly conceived. This program is “field-initiated” in that proposal submissions are not in response to a specific request for a particular research topic, discipline, design, method, or location.
The goal for this program is to support rigorous, intellectually ambitious and technically sound research that is relevant to the most pressing questions and compelling opportunities in education. The foundation seeks to support scholarship that develops new foundational knowledge that may have a lasting impact on educational discourse.
Proposals to the Research Grants on Education program must be for academic research projects that aim to study education. Proposals for activities other than research are not eligible (e.g., program evaluations, professional development, curriculum development, scholarships, capital projects). Additionally, proposals for research studies focused on areas other than education, are not eligible.
Eligibility & Submission Requirements
- PIs and Co-PIs may not submit more than one application for a given deadline in this program.
- PIs and Co-PIs may only hold one active research grant from the Spencer Foundation at a time.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for a Large Research Grant on Education must have an earned doctorate in an academic discipline or professional field, or appropriate experience in an education research-related profession.
- While graduate students may be part of the research team, they may not be named the PI or Co-PI on the proposal.