- This event has passed.
25th International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network Visualization
September 24, 2017
Alumni Center (+ Google Map)
Graph Drawing is concerned with the geometric representation of graphs and constitutes the algorithmic core of Network Visualization. Graph Drawing and Network Visualization are motivated by applications where it is crucial to visually analyze and interact with relational datasets. Examples of such application areas include data science, social sciences, Web computing, information systems, biology, geography, business intelligence, information security and software engineering.
GD has been the main annual event in this area for more than 20 years. Its focus is on combinatorial and algorithmic aspects of graph drawing as well as the design of network visualization systems and interfaces. GD 2017 will be hosted by Northeastern University from September 25 to 27, 2017 in Boston, MA, USA. Researchers and practitioners working on any aspect of graph drawing and network visualization are invited to contribute papers and posters and to participate in the symposium and the graph drawing contest.
- Paper Submission Deadline: Sunday, June 11, 2017 (Updates possible until Tuesday, June 13, 2017)
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: Friday, July 28, 2017
- Poster Submission Deadline: Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Notification of Poster Acceptance: Monday, August 28, 2017
- Early Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 30, 2017
- Final Versions Due: Sunday, September 3, 2017
- Contest Submission Deadline: Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- GD Symposium: Monday, September 25, 2017 through Wednesday, September 27, 2017
**** All deadlines are 23:59 PDT and fixed. There will be no extension. ****
All accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings, published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. Authors will be required to submit their accepted papers to the arXiv repository.
Program Committee Chairs
- Fabrizio Frati, Associate Professor, Department of Engineering at Roma Tre University
- Kwan-Liu Ma, Professor, Computer Science Department at the University of California at David
- Cody Dunne, Assistant Professor, College of Computer and Information Science at Northeastern University
- Alan Keahey, Vice President of Data Visualization at Conversant
- Gold Sponsor: Tom Sawyer Software
- Silver Sponsor: yWorks GmbH
- Bronze Sponsor: Springer