Campus Resources – In Person
Student Support Specialist, Vancouver
Serena serves as the Student Support Specialist on Northeastern’s Vancouver Campus. Serena has worked closely with OUEC on a variety of matters to ensure that students have access to the support that they need. Should you wish to speak with someone in person about concerns of discrimination, harassment, or sexual violence, Serena is an excellent resource! Serena can provide a direct line of contact to OUEC and other Northeastern resources.
Please note: Serena is not a confidential resource, meaning that she is required to report any information she receives about sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, sexual exploitation, stalking, or discrimination based on other protected categories (origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, race, religion, national origin, disability status, veteran status) to OUEC.
Campus Resources – Virtual
Assistant Vice President/Title IX Coordinator
Deputy Title IX & Equal Opportunity Coordinator
- WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre
- Services: Provides support to suvivors of sexualized violence who have shared experiences of gender marginalization: cis and trans women; Two-Spirit, trans and/or non-binary people. 24-hour crisis line, hospital accompaniment, police and court accompaniment, individual therapy, support groups, counseling for indigenous survivors, and indigenous family counseling services
- Contact: 24-hour crisis hotline (Lower Mainland, 604-255-6344; National toll-free, 1-877-392-7583); Main office (604-255-6228)
- VictimLinkBC Hotline
- Services: A toll-free, confidential, multilingual service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Providing information and referral services to all victims of crime and immediate crisis support to victims of family and sexual violence, including victims of human trafficking exploited for labour or sexual services.
- Contact: Call or text 1-800-563-0808 or send an email to VictimLinkBC@bc211.ca.
- Battered Women’s Support Services (BWSS)
- Services: Provides support for any woman or gender marginalized individual who has experienced abuse in an intimate relationship, childhood sexual abuse or adult sexual assault. Resources include crisis support, counselling, support groups, and legal advocacy.
- Contact: Call their Crisis Line 604-687-1867 for immediate support or text 604-652-1867
- BC Society for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Services: Provides therapeutic services for males who have been sexually abused at some time in their lives. Services include counselling, group therapy, and Victim Services.
- Contact: Call 604-682-6482 or email email@example.com
Criminal Reporting Options
Vancouver Police Department Sex Crimes Unit
- Provides free and confidential care to anyonewho has been sexually assaulted within the past 7 days. Services include assessment and treatment of injuries, medical reporting for police (if you choose), and referrals to health, legal, and community-based support services.
- Visit Vancouver General Hospital’s Emergency Department (available 24/7) and ask for the Sexual Assault Service.
920 West 10th Street, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9, Canada (2.3 miles from Northeastern’s Vancouver campus)