Congratulations on your acceptance into Northeastern University! Below are commonly asked questions about Husky 101 Orientation during the acceptance and enrollment cycle.
Orientation gives you a taste of your new life as a Husky. This mandatory program introduces you and your family to the university and will provide you with the resources and tools to help you successfully transition into the Northeastern student community as well as Boston.
Enrolled N.U.in students have 3 components to their Orientation experience. Each Orientation provides timely transition information and resources specific to each stage of your participation in the program:
1. Virtual N.U.in Orientation hosted by The N.U.in Program: N.U.in Orientation is designed to introduce you to N.U.in policies and procedures and increase your familiarity with N.U.in England, N.U.in Ireland, and N.U.in Boston. Content includes culture acclimation, safety and security, N.U.in policies, academic advising, goal-setting, and team-building.
2. On-site N.U.in Orientation hosted by The N.U.in Program: The On-site Orientation acclimates you to your destination university/college (N.U.in England and N.U.in Ireland only).
3. Husky 101 Orientation hosted by the Office of Student Orientation: Husky 101 provides you with the opportunity to learn more about Northeastern’s community, resources and services, campus involvement and engagement, as well as confirm your spring classes. You’ll enjoy reuniting with your N.U.in classmates!
Spring ’21 Orientation Dates (subject to change)
N.U.in students attend the First-Year Student Orientation.
- Wednesday, January 6: Move-in for those who are assigned on-campus housing
- Wednesday, January 6: Transfer Student Orientation; Mandatory
- Thursday, January 7: Family Orientation; Optional
- Thursday, January 7 – Friday, January 8: First-Year Student Orientation; Mandatory
Frequently Asked Questions
This information is to provide you with an understanding of the Husky 101 Spring Orientation process, and to assist you with preliminary planning.
Is Orientation mandatory?
How do I register for Orientation?
Is there a cost to attend Orientation?
What are accommodations like at Orientation?
How do I request a deferment to another year?
Is Orientation for undergraduate students only?
Will I meet my advisor at Orientation?
How can I change my major?
When do classes begin?
When is move-in for students attending Spring Orientation?