Services for International Students and Scholars

Off-Campus Employment

As an F-1 or J-1 student visa holder, you must have special permission to work off-campus. Review the information on this website carefully to see whether you are eligible to work off campus. The most common types of off-campus work permission for F-1 students are Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT).  For J-1 students, Academic Training (AT) is an option.