Students arrive at Northeastern University aware of the opportunities to develop a résumé, respond to position descriptions, gain valuable professional skills, and build a network of contacts for life after graduation.
Employment Information Sessions for Fall Semester
OGS is now hosting information sessions to assist students who are considering applying for post-completion OPT, CPT, STEM/Cap-Gap and AT. Students should pre-register to guarantee a seat. Unregistered attendees may show up but are not guaranteed entry. Registration links and more information can be found on OGS event page. Dates and locations are below:
Curricular Practical Training (CPT):
- 9/15 – McLeod Suites, Curry Student Center – 10:00 am – 11:30 am Register Here
- 10/5 – McLeod Suites, Curry Student Center – 10:00 am – 11:30 am Register Here
- 11/16 – Fenway Center – 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Register Here
- 12/6 – Ballroom, Curry Student Center – 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Register Here
Optional Practical Training (OPT):
- 9/25 – McLeod Suites, Curry Student Center – 10:00 am – 11:30 am Register Here
- 10/13 – YouTube Live – 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Register Here
STEM OPT/ Cap-Gap Extension:
- 9/28 – McLeod Suites, Curry Student Center – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Register Here
- 10/17 – YouTube Live – 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Register Here
- COMING SOON!
USCIS Updates Filing Fees
USCIS filing fee for OPT/STEM OPT applications (Form I-765) will change, effective December 23, 2016. The new fee will be $410 (the current fee is $380). Please note: the current fee ($380) is still in place until December 23, 2016. Please see USCIS web site for more information.
USCIS Releases Updated I-765 and other Forms
On 12/23/2017 USCIS published updated forms at uscis.gov/forms . USCIS did not give prior notice to stakeholders regarding this change. USCIS is strongly encouraging immediate use of these forms, however, USCIS will accept prior versions of forms until February 21, 2017.
What Are My Options?