Services for International Students and Scholars

Getting Started

Ready to travel to Northeastern University for your studies?

Undergraduate Students

  • Northeastern University undergraduate degree-seeking students
  • Northeastern University undergraduate exchange students
  • American Classroom
  • College of Professional Studies
  • Global Pathways
  • NUin

Graduate Students

  • Northeastern University graduate degree-seeking students
  • Northeastern University graduate-level exchange students
  • College of Professional Studies
  • Global Pathways

Non-Northeastern University Sponsored Students

If your visa is being sponsored by another organization (IIE, AMIDEAST, LASPAU) or you are coming to study on a non F-1 or J-1  visa (H-4 or J-2) and not planning to change your current non-immigrant visa status to F-1 student status, please note that some academic programs at Northeastern have experiential learning requirements (e.g., co-op or study abroad).  Immigration statuses other than F/J may not allow for those and as such may impede the successful completion of your program of study.

Should you have any questions on switching to an F-1 student status, please contact the Office of Global Services (OGS). If you are going to enroll at Northeastern with your current non-immigrant visa status, please submit the data form for non-NU sponsored students once you have confirmed your enrollment. Please contact your admission office to verify the deadline for completing the required data form.