Services for International Students and Scholars

Family Visitors

Your spouse and children under 21 years old may accompany you to Northeastern University with F-2 or J-2 visas that reflect your visa status. Other family members such as parents or a spouse who cannot accompany you for your entire study program may want to visit for short periods of time. These family members may apply for a B-1 or B-2 tourist visa, depending on their relationship to you.

Northeastern University has a sample invitation letter you may send with an enrollment verification, but U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not require invitation letters for tourist visas.