On September 1, 2017 over 60,000 students will move into Boston’s neighborhoods. Some of you will be moving in, while others will be moving out, creating a very busy day of transition. Traffic can be difficult during this time; review the information below to make your experience as trouble-free as possible.
- – Boston Police will be directing traffic in Mission Hill and Fenway and some streets will have restricted parking. Avoid bringing large trucks.
- – Volunteers will be on hand to provide parking permits, maps, general information, and to answer any questions.
- – All vehicles will have ONE hour to load and unload. Overflow lots are available in each neighborhood.
- – Be mindful of neighbors. Not everyone on the street may be moving. Many neighbors are permanent residents with young children and full-time jobs. Do not cross through yards. Keep activity noise level low and properly dispose of your trash.
- – Introduce yourself to neighbors and share contact information so you can communicate during the year.
- – If moving out of an apartment, be sure to read your lease for specific move-out instructions. This may effect the security deposit you receive back.
Fall 2017 Maps and Instructions:
- FENWAY Special Moving Instructions and Area Map
- MISSION HILL Special Moving Instructions and Area Map
Page last updated: 8/22/2017
Get LIVE updates on September 1st!
Send us a question or voice a concern. We’ll get right back to you.
Before you move-in, DOWNLOAD
Apartment not clean and sanitary? Have an issue with your apartment or building? Report non-emergencies to City Hall via the BOS:311 App.