On September 1, 2020 over 60,000 students will move into Boston’s neighborhoods. Some of you will be moving in, while others will be moving out, creating a very busy day of transition. Traffic can be difficult during this time; review the information below to make your experience as trouble-free as possible.
- Boston Police will be directing traffic in Mission Hill and Fenway and some streets will have restricted parking. Avoid bringing large trucks.
- Volunteers will be on hand to provide parking permits, maps, general information, and to answer any questions.
- All vehicles will have ONE hour to load and unload. Overflow lots are available in each neighborhood.
- Be mindful of neighbors. Not everyone on the street may be moving. Many neighbors are permanent residents with young children and full-time jobs. Do not cross through yards. Keep activity noise level low and properly dispose of your trash. Do not block fire hydrants with trash or furniture.
- Introduce yourself to neighbors and share contact information so you can communicate during the year.
- If moving out of an apartment, be sure to read your lease for specific move-out instructions. This may effect the security deposit you receive back.
Fall 2020 Maps and Instructions: Sign up for our newsletter to receive information directly to your inbox!
Fall 2019 Info (for reference)
- FENWAY – Special Move In Instructions and Area Map with Overflow Lots
- MISSION HILL – Special Move In Instructions and Area Map with Overflow Lots
Get LIVE updates on September 1st!
Send us a question or voice a concern. We’ll get right back to you.
Apartment not clean and sanitary? Have an issue with your apartment or building? Report non-emergencies to City Hall via the BOS:311 App
Before you move-in, DOWNLOAD
Is Your Apartment Up to Code?
Your apartment must meet minimum requirements. Review Boston’s required standards in the video below.