Renting furniture is a great option if you live far away or do not want to commit to purchasing, moving, and storing furniture.
Online shopping can save you time and you can have the items delivered right to you. Be aware that you may have to pay or shipping or set-up a delivery time for larger items.
- Amazon– Sign up for Prime shipping with your student email.
- Bernie & Phyl’s
Local stores in your neighborhood will make it quick and easy to find what you need or items you may have forgot to buy in advance.
North of Boston
Buy used furniture from students that are moving or graduating. Here are ways to connect with fellow students!
- Northeastern Trash 2 Treasure
- Online message boards through the Northeastern Apartment Database
- Facebook’s Northeastern Marketplace
- Phone apps to buy and sell items
Use caution when buying upholstered furniture and mattresses. This is not recommended due to the possibility of bed bugs.